Tori No Teba
Yu marangga marangga anu gaduh waktos seueur.. nu hoyong aya nu dikerjakeun.. hayu urang ngadamel ieu we yuuuk…
So sorry that was my vernacular.. It means that it takes time to make this dish, starting with deboning the chicken wings, steaming it and frying it. So you really need to be patient and pricesely make it ^_^
This delicious dish served in Hokben restaurant in Indonesia. Sometimes i really miss it! And finally i can make it on my own …. hurraaaaayyyyyy….. Hokben, I’m fine without you.. coz i can make it ^_*
500 grams Chicken Wings
200 grams Minced Chicken Meat
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Mirin.. can be replaced by halal rice vinegar/lemon juice + sugar
1 clove Garlic, peeled and mashed it
2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Debone the chicken wings… Use the whole chicken wings ( with drum, flat and tip). With your hands, break the joints. With sharp knife, make a rounded chisel on the upper thickest part (drum stick area), gently push the meat away, and take off the bone. For the middle part (flat), you have to take off the cartilage and the bone. For the bones, starting with the small one, separate it from the flesh, twist it to break the joints one more time and pull it out. Use the same method for the larger bone.
- Mix all the stuffing until evenly combined.
- Stuff the filling into the chicken wings pocket.
- Steam the stuffed chicken wings for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the steam chicken wings until both side turn into golden brown.
- Enjoy it with rice and carrot & radish salad.
How to make the carrot & radish salad? It’s easy actually.. Just thinly slice the carrot or use your peeler. Mix with salt and sugar and knead it until slightly limp and watery. Squeeze the carrots until the water runs out, then mix and squeeze it with the vinegar/lemon juice. Use the same method for radish. Serve with Tori No Teba.