Chicken Pot Pie
This cold weather makes me want to eat something warm… aha.. i have an idea.. I always want to try this recipe: nigella’s chicken pot pie… not only because it’s so easy to make, but it also reminds me of my wedding’s zuppa soup ^_^
1/2 roll Puff Pastry.. 1 roll = 275 gram
200 grams Chicken Thigh, cut into pieces (bite size)
125 grams Champignon Mushroom
2,5 tbsp Flour
1/2 tsp dried Thyme.. i used 1/3 tsp Sop Buntut herbs (or you can use anything you like)
325 ml Water & Chicken Concentrate or Chicken Stock
1. Heat the oil, stir fry a bit of chicken skin (instead of bacon), and add the mushrooms.
2. Mix chicken meat with flour, salt and dried thyme. Put it in to the pan together with mushroom. Mix it well.
4. Add water and chicken concentrate or chicken stock, salt and pepper. Stir and cook it for around 15 minutes.
5. Fill the chicken pot pie / ramekin with chicken filling. Cut puff pastry in half. Cut a strip and brush the edge of ramekin with water, then drape over the strips and stick that on the pot pie. Use another strip for another rim. Top it with puff pastry to cover the ramekin. By using fork or knife press against the edge of the ramekin. Make several slits in the middle top to let the heat and steam to escape.
6. Bake at 180 degC for 20 minutes until the puff pastry is golden brown.