My husband said this gulai taste is more like kari india, while the taste is different than Gulai Padang..
Should i call this as Kari Daging? well then you have to try to cook this one and taste it by yourself.. have fun ^_^
250 gr Beef Meat, cut into small cubes
200 ml Coconut Milk
1 Big Potato, cut into small cubes
1 small Onion, thinly slice
2 Bay Leaves
4 Lime Leaves
1 stalk Lemon grass
1/2 tsp Curry Powder
2 tbsp Chili Paste
3 cloves Garlic
5 cloves Shallot
1 tsp Coriander
1 cm Ginger
1 tsp ground Cumin seeds
1/3 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- Heat the oil and stir in spice paste.
- Stir in onion, lime leaves, bay leave, curry powder and lemon grass.
- Add in meat and potatoes once spices evenly cook.
- Cook until meat cubes turn into brown color. Add in coconut milk and salt.
- Cover the pan/pot and lower the heat. Cook for 25- 30 minutes until meat and potato tender.
- Serve hot with rice and top it with fried shallot or onion.