Steam Anko Bun
Finally, I made my first Bakpao, yihaaa ^_^
For the dough, i followed nikuman recipe as shown by cooking with dog and used anko as filling.. Actually it’s easy to make but we have several steps of fermentation. After properly follow the steps, hot sweet steam bun ready to enjoy..
125 gr Flour
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Yeast
3 gr Baking Powder
a pinch of Salt
65 ml Lukewarm Water
150 gr Anko/ Sweet Red Bean Paste
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, yeast and baking powder. Add in lukewarm water and make a dough.
2. Knead dough until smooth. Keep dough for 30 minutes by placing in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Put the bowl in another bigger bowl with warm water inside for fermentation process.
3. The dough will rise after 30 minutes. Knead the dough one more time and divide into 4 ball.
4. Cover the balls with wet towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Prepare the anko. Make 4 balls of anko.
6. Take one dough, roll out and flatten it, pinch the edges of the dough to reduce thickness. Put one anko ball in the middle of dough, fold and pull the mixture until all folds meet and twist the edge to seal it (it’s kinda hard for newbie like me ;p ) and place the dough on baking paper sheet.
7. Warm the steamer, turn off the heat. Place all dough inside the steamer and let it rest for the next fermentation process for 10-15 minutes.
8. After the last fermentation process and the dough double in size, turn on the heat and steam for 15 minutes.